Frequently Asked Questions
- Cancellation Policy
Payments for registration and trading post fees are refundable less a 15% processing fee up until May 1. On or after May 1, there are no refunds. If a registrant does not attend Conclave, his or her packet (and trading post order, if applicable) will be provided to his or her lodge leadership for distribution.
Unpaid registrants have until May 1 to request a cancellation of their registration. If a cancellation request is not received, the registrant’s council may be billed for his or her outstanding fee(s).
- What will my housing be like at Conclave 2017?
- Participants will be housed in cabins at Camp Manatoc. Cots and mattresses will be provided. NOTE: If registration exceeds typical Conclave attendance, we will have to use tents to accomodate the overage. Cabins will be filled in order of registration. Anyone impacted will be notified.
- Do I need to turn in a medical form for Conclave?
- YES! Everyone, that's EVERYONE MUST turn in a BSA medical form when they check-in. Please note: Medical forms will NOT be returned to Arrowmen, so please only submit copies that do not need to be returned. We respect everyone's privacy like our own, rest assured, your medical form will be shredded. You can download a medical form here if you don't already have a valid copy.
- What time can I arrive at Camp Manatoc?
- Only Section & Service Lodge staff will be permitted on camp prior to 6pm on Friday. PLEASE do not arrive earlier than 6pm if you have not received clearance from the Conclave Management Team or Service Lodge Leadership. Check-in will begin at 6pm.
- How much does it cost to attend Conclave?
- Well, it depends on when you register and pay. For details, see the registration section of this website.
- I didn’t register before online registration closed. Can I still attend Conclave 2017?
- No, sorry, we cannot accommodate walk-in registration at Conclave. We hope you’ll consider joining us this fall at the Area Leadership Training Conference or at Conclave 2018.
- Who plans, staffs and executes Conclave?
- The section chief, J.J. Conklin, through his leadership of the Council of Chiefs including lodge chiefs, conclave vice chiefs and others plan and develop the conclave program with the guidance and direction of the Section Adviser and other appointed adults. A group of dedicated Arrowmen from Marnoc Lodge will serve as Service Lodge staff ensuring that food, facilities and logistical requirements of the weekend are met.
- How can I pay my Conclave fee?
- We offer three options to pay for Conclave: sending a check/money order, paying with a credit card, or paying with an eCheck. Remember, your fee is determined by when you register AND pay.
- I didn't pay when I registered. What should I do?
- You will be able to return to your registration to pay later. Checks can be made payable to “Buckeye Council” and mailed to Robert McCabe, 6 Quail Ct, Wheeling, WV 26003. Checks must be received by May 8.
- I have special medical needs. Should I still attend Conclave?
- Absolutely! We will work to address all special needs that are noted during registration. Please make sure that you explain your specific need(s) in the appropriate field.
- What information do I need to register?
- The following personal information is required at registration: first name, last name, gender, date of birth, email address, lodge, OA level, address, and an emergency contact, their relationship to you, and their phone number. We will also ask you to indicate if you have mobility restrictions or special medical/dietary needs, which you may optionally answer to help us better service your needs, if any. Finally, we will ask your plans for training.
- What's this Active Arrowman Award?
- It's an award for those Arrowmen who actively participated in the program and events hosted and planned by Section C-4A over the course of the year. If you've been working on earning the award this year, bring your completed form to check-in. There are two forms, according to your age; one is for youth and the other is for adults.
- What should I pack?
What you bring is up to you, but here are some suggestions:
- A copy of your medical form (will not be returned - you may want to make a photocopy)
- Appropriate sleeping gear
- Complete Boy Scout Field Uniform (Class A)
- Personal gear & toiletries
- Clothing suited for the weather
- Items to donate & money for the Crazy Auction
- Comfortable walking shoes